Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bandits!

I have a tree full of kaffir limes and leaves. I stole a picture from the internet because I haven't ventured out to the tree with a camera. Everyday at least a few neighbors mozey over to our fence and snatch our leaves from our tree. These leaves are a staple in many thai soups and sauces, and you may have heard of this ingredient if you have cooked much thai food. Sometimes they don't even bother to say hi, they just steal my leaves and walk off. Oh well.

There is a little old lady that lives at the end of the alley. And every morning she sweeps the whole alley. I am not sure why. I hope that I will live this long so I can finally answer the question, "What will I do to fill my days when I am old and have lots of free time?" Anyway, I try to leave some limes out on the fence for her each morning if I have a chance to pick some for her. I usually put out two or three, but the other day I put out 8 and she still stuffed her little pockets with every single one. She says she uses them to wash her hair; looks like she washed her hair a lot that day, but hey, she's got the time. Maybe I will get a picture of her sometime.

I copied this from the sight where I stole the picture:

Kaffir Lime leaf

The Kaffir Lime is a popular ingredient in Asian cooking, particularly in Laos, Cambodia and Thailand. The demand for it has grown as Asian immigrants have moved to the USA. This can also be spelled Kieffer. Gift box contains approximately 3 ounces.

$12.00 (3 oz., $12.00!!!??? I am in the wrong business!)



No comments: