Friday, June 20, 2008

A Scolding and a Coverup

I went to the ob/gyn last night, and I got in trouble. You see each month I am only allowed to gain 2 kilos (4 poundsish) according to my doctor. But last month I gained 2.5 kilos!! Oh the shame of the extra pound. I am now ordered to eat high protein, low-carb. My friend was stuck at the clinic, waiting for results for a battery of tests because last month she gained 3 kilos (6 pounds) and this month only 1 kilo (2 pounds). They figured there must be something seriously wrong, or if they did an average of the two months, they would see she is right on target. Luckily I have my own prenatal vitamins from the U.S. because sometimes if you go over your 2 kilo allowance they won't give you vitamins for the next month.
In other news Elvira is back! That's my sewing machine. I didn't name here, its just the brand. So I got to finish my new nursing cover. I had one of these with Eliza, but it was made of flannel. So I had to go with cotton this time. These are good for those of us that like to be a little covered up when you are out in public. I could never get the hang of the blanket over the shoulder. Give me some velcro!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can I see more pics of that? I remember you told me how to make it when you were here, and I've been racking my brain to remember how it's done! The fabric is great!
It's funny... I was the same way as your friend with Lillian and they never gave me any grief about it here. :)