Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yay I Did It!

I JUST finished this and I am very proud of myself. This bumper pad has been my most feared project for baby #2. I of course didn't have a pattern but there is a decent tutorial at this site that I tried to adapt. http://www.allcrafts.net/baby.htm#sites. I stuffed it with batting rather than foam which I went back and forth on, but I think it is a little more cozy this way. (I kinda want to crawl up and take a nap in it.)

I bought this basket about 2 years ago just to loan out to all the my friends from other countries that come here to have babies. Chiang Mai is cheap and decent for childbirth so lots of people come. But this will be the first time I get to use it. Moses baskets are one of the only cheap things available to us here. You just get the basket though. You have to get a special mattress made at a foam shop. The sheet is actually just a pillow case. I will have to find a few more to match the bumper.

I was pretty excited to find this very decent polka dot fabric at the market here. I have been shopping for fabric A LOT lately, thanks to all the sewing. Anyway these pictures are from my front porch because it is raining and my house is very dark right now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really cool! Perfect fabric too!

Anne said...

very cute bumper! Thanks for visiting me!

Anna said...

Cute! That will be perfect for baby #2.

Crystal M. said...

That is just adorable! Love the polka dot fabric and that's a gorgeous shade of green. Perfect for the little one.