Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Some Toys

Just finished this for Eliza. I am going to put it in her bag for when we are at the hospital and she stays with friends. I made a little envelope shaped bag for all the pieces too, but I didn't get a picture. (I also have a little felt board that is felt mounted on heavy cardboard. It is from another little playset we had already.)The model here is showing off this season's latest swimwear, and in Thailand you need a good suit all year long.

Evening and formal wear (one is a very loose copy of Cinderella's gown)

Different hairstyles, and a variety of colors, we are soo PC.


Shirts...
Acessories
Shorts, skirts and pants (the belt is detachable)

This is a little cow for the baby. I still need to stitch on the collar, I saw a cow like this at a toy shop here for $20! can you believe it? So I loved it so much I tried to make one myself. It definitely has a lot of, "handmade charm," but it came out well in the end.


And last week Eliza said her baby needed a tutu. This only took about 5 minutes. I have made tons of these. You don't have to sew it. I just used a piece of elastic the size of the baby's waist and cut long strips of tulle, folded them in half around the elastic and knotted it. Of course once I made it, she said the baby didn't want it, and I have been picking it up off the floor ever since. I guess that's a three-year old for you.