Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What I've Been Up too...

Not much it seems. I really feel like I could lay down all the time at this point. But I am glad I have things to keep me up. I have been working on some things for a baby shower for Bethany this week. I really like the idea of decorations being gifts, so I am trying to go that way as much as I can. This is my first baby shower I have ever done, so there are lots of things I have always wanted to try that I am squeezing in. This is a little bouquet some of the things are rolled up socks, bibs, and washcloths.


I also made a little skirt for Eliza from a thrift store scarf I have had for forever. I never knew what to do with it, but I think it is well suited for a little fun skirt.
(She insists on wearing skirts at all times, but some are getting way too short!) It only took about 1/2 hr. or so. Very quick.


We have been making lots of pizza around here. It isn't too painful of a process because I do all the dough prep in our bread maker. It is a wonderful tool, and we use it constantly! So pizza making is really just a lot of chopping. We try to make it on a free day so it can be a family activity. I like to do it at home too because it is more healthy and cheap. I usually do a half whole wheat crust and it tastes great. (The whole wheat crust was not well received.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your bouquet turned out beautiful! I can't imagine that the baby shower will turn out less than perfect either.

Anonymous said...

Hi Morgan, it has been so long since I have talked to you! How is your belly feeling? I LOVE the idea for the baby bouquet - you could sell that. I am impressed with your creativity!
I have been in to painting on shirts lately. Painting scenes from kids' books mainly.
You should try grilling pizza dough. I have been really into it lately - just a basic pizza dough recipe: water and yeast, flour, a bit of sugar, 1/2 cup of olive oil - let it rise for an hour, then roll out, brush with garlic salt and EVOO and grill a few minutes on each side. If you want the actual measurements I can tell you. Then if you top it with fresh basil, any kind of cheese and sweet tomatoes it is wonderful!
Simeon just started kindergarten last week and is loving it. Penny is one and crawling and kind of learning to say mamamamama! Elijah is his cute little self and full of energy and smiles, although he is unusually forgetful which keeps me laughing!
God is so faithful to guide me into all that he has for us, I am experiencing His mercies new each morning! Well, love ya! Peace be to you and Micah and Eliza!